Last week I was interviewed by Pittsburgh’s KDKA TV and Radio about the hype surrounding Extreme Couponing. In both interviews I was asked to define Extreme Couponing. If you’ve been to my couponing class, you know that my idea of Extreme Couponing is not trying to score 150 packages of hot dogs for free, but simply finding a way to feed my family for (way) LESS. Extreme Couponing is using coupons on rock-bottom sale prices.
Extreme Couponing can be time consuming! The store coupon match-ups here on Simply Frugal Living are designed to be a huge time-saving resource for you as a coupon shopper. In fact, if you’ve used one of the store coupon match-up lists lately, you may have noticed a brand new feature designed to streamline your deal hunting and make couponing super easy: My Coupon (Printable) Lists!
Here’s an overview of how the My Coupon List feature works:
- As you search a store coupon match-up list, click the check box of each item you plan to purchase.
- When you are done, click the button at the bottom of the list that says .
- Prepare lists for as many stores as you’d like: the information will be safely stored in your coupon list.
- When you’re finished preparing your lists, click the button on the top right of the blog that says, My Coupon List and you’ll find a running list of every item you’ve added to your shopping list.
- Click the PRINT button.
- When your list prints, you’ll find that it is neatly divided by store and category. Additionally, every coupon resource you need is listed under each item.
- Take your shopping list to your coupon stash, clip or print the coupons you need, and you’ll be ready to shop!
Let me know if you have any questions as you use this new feature. Enjoy!
P.S. The titles of both TV and Radio interviews from last week make it sound like couponing is on its way out. This is definitely NOT the case! Manufacturers need coupons to drive sales to their products, and stores are mainly concerned that individual coupon shoppers not clear their shelves in one shopping trip. Use coupons ethically, be considerate when shopping, and thank the managers of your coupon-friendly stores for their policies, and everything should be fine. 🙂